Pages

1.23.2016

at 3pm | jen faith brown photography



Three o'clock in the afternoon around our home is basically a chill-out time. We will have just walked through the door from school pick-up (pick-upS depending on the day) and the boys want to immediately head to the wii or ipad. On this particular day I would love to say we played for a while because it was rainy and cold, but this is our typical day. So, whatevs. After everyone has their turn with their device of choice, then it just time to hang out and play until dinner. Every once in a while I throw in a chore of having them unload the dishwasher for me for good measure. And really that is just because I don't want to do it so I have them pitch in by doing it for me. Today was not one of those days. Since it was rainy I only took photos of the wii/ipad time on this particular day however, the next day I was upstairs with the boys in the playroom. I looked out the window and exclaimed 'Look what I see!!'. John said in a very unimpressed tone 'The light. You are going to get your camera'. They know me so well by now! So I dragged out the tripod so I could be in the photos as we read books on the couch. I swear these look posed, but they aren't. Matthew really is that snuggle-y and you can see why I get excited when we are in there at the exact right time- the light is perfect! After we read books I handed the camera over to Matty B for some diaper changing documentation. And that about sums up a typical 3:00-4:00ish day at our house! Nothing spectacularly exciting but it is still fun to capture these small moments.

These photos are part of a documentary blog circle, Documenting Our Days. Be sure to see Hannah's post by clicking HERE. She is amazing so you don't want to miss out!




















 Remeber to head to Hannah's blog by clicking HERE.

Jen Faith Brown is a family photographer specializing in storytelling family photography session, either in home or on location. Jen is married with three young sons who keep her quite busy and give her abundant practice in photographing always-moving children! Jen is now booking 2015 sessions in Flower Mound, Southlake, Highland Village, Lewisville, Coppell, Frisco, and surround DFW areas. Please visit www.jenfaithbrownphotography.com for pricing and to view sample galleries.

2 comments:

  1. These are great! Love the black & white of the two boys look at the screen and the jumping shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great Jen! Love how you got in the photos too. Your reading photos are awesome. I also love how you display their artworks on the clip boards, great idea!

    ReplyDelete