Pages

4.16.2015

Hiking with a Toddler | child and family photographer, flower mound

When we moved to our house in Flower Mound just under three years ago, I knew I loved our house. Little did I know we couldn't have found a better location for raising three boys. I am not sure how I didn't know this before moving in, but we live just over a mile from Lake Grapevine where we often take the boys to explore at Murrell Park.  Going through our neighborhood we can also access the trail system that runs near the lake. The boys absolutely love going on 'hikes' especially because there is a small creek which is perfect for boys who like to throw rocks into the water. When we walk along these trails, I can hardly believe I am in Texas, let alone the suburb Flower Mound! I really think we were meant to buy a house here. So, today I loaded up Thomas in the jogging stroller, took a quick run, and ended up at the trails. Thomas then led the way as he explored the trails while I tried to do a mini storytelling photo session with my cell phone. These are all unedited photos and I unfortunately do not have an iphone so the photos aren't the best. Nonetheless, I wanted to share how even with a cell phone, you can still document the small things in your life that are meaningful to you. I love these walks with my boys, and it is extra special when I can spend quality time with one boy at a time. So I am thankful to be able to capture these moments and details of what my life with a 2 year old boy is like. I challenge you to find what is unique about your story, your family, your location. Now photograph and document it so your family will be able to revisit that part of your story when they are older. 


















Jen Faith Brown is a family photographer specializing in storytelling family photography session, either in home or on location. Jen is married with three young sons who keep her quite busy and give her abundant practice in photographing always-moving children! Jen is now booking 2015 sessions in Flower Mound, Southlake, Highland Village, Lewisville, Coppell, Frisco, and surround DFW areas. Please visit www.jenfaithbrownphotography.com for pricing and to view sample galleries.

No comments:

Post a Comment